The course is open to anyone interested in protecting and restoring freshwater ecosystem health, but is designed with practitioners, policy makers and informed stakeholders in mind.
Dates and fee
Start/end: 28 September 2021 – 16 November 2021
Course fee: Free
The total study load is estimated at 24 hours.
- Interactive videos
- Related readings
- Applied exercises
- Freshwater Health Index
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Categorize the freshwater ecosystems found in a basin by type.
- Describe the societal use of water in terms of freshwater ecosystem services.
- Analyze the pressures and threats shaping freshwater ecosystems in terms of its biodiversity and supply of services.
- Assess the role of ecosystems in maintaining supply of services.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems managing the social and ecological aspects of freshwater in a basin.
Step 0. Have you already created an account to access IHE Delft Open Education?
If you created an account to access one of our open courses in the past, you can use the same username and password to login. Then, go to Step 2 - Register/Enrol Yourself in the Course. If you created an account in the past, but forgot your password, click on “Forgot Password?”.
Step 1. Create a New Account in the IHE Open Education website
Click on Create New Account, fill in your username, password etc., an 'account confirmation' email will be sent to you (check also in your spam e-mailbox, particularly if you have a Gmail account), use the 'web address' received to confirm your new account and login using your username and password
Step 2. Register/enrol yourself in the course
Click on the title, click on 'Enrol me in this course' (under the arrow in the upper right side/below your username), click on 'Enrol me' in the page 'Enrolment options' to complete the process (the course coordinator will send you an 'welcome' email and your name will be listed as course participant).