Increase your expertise by enrolling in one of our MSc programmes, and gain knowledge of your chosen water topic while meeting fellow professionals from around the globe. The application deadline for the MSc programmes starting in October is in August of the same year. In case you wish to apply for financial assistance, the application deadline for a fellowship is usually much earlier.
IHE Delft offers four 18-month Master of Science programmes, with a total of 16 specializations. Furthermore, the Institute recently launched a fifth, 12-month Master of Science programme, which focuses on non-sewered sanitation.
- Water Management and Governance- The scientific study of water resources with practical planning and management skills.
- Urban Water and Sanitation - Water supply, sanitation and water engineering and management, particularly in urban areas.
- Environmental Science - Conservation and prudent use of natural resources for the benefit of society.
- Water Science and Engineering - Hydrological and hydraulic processes and modelling tools for improved water management in coastal zones, river basins and agricultural areas.
- Sanitation - A new 12-month Master of Science programme, focusing on non-sewered sanitation.
Choose an Online Course or the Graduate Professional Diploma Programme to upgrade your skills from the comfort of your home or office. A Short Course is for you if you have a specific area of interest and a limited amount of time.There are different application deadlines for short and online courses, they depend on the start date of the course and are mentioned on specific webpage of each course.
10 Reasons to Study at IHE-Delft
- 60 years of experience in graduate water education
- Close ties to the UN system
- Fully accredited programmes
- Gateway to Delft and Dutch water know-how
- Learner-centred, active learning
- Personal guidance and mentoring
- Internationally renowned lecturers and professors
- A truly international environment
- Living and studying in a vibrant city in the heart of Europe
- Increase career prospects and become part of the largest global water alumni network
European Joint Master Degree programmes
IHE Delft is involved in three European Joint Master Degree programmes. Check the individual website of the programme of your choice and learn more about the curricula, partner institutes, deadlines and fellowship opportunities.
- Environmental Technology and Engineering
- Flood Risk Management
- Groundwater and Global Change - Impacts and Adaptation
Subscribe to our monthly E-newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming events, new courses, fellowship opportunities and upcoming deadlines.