Education and training guide 2021
Get an insight into our MSc programmes, PhD programme, online and on-campus short courses, and the possibility to arrange tailor-made training specifically for personal or organizational needs.
IHE Delft offers four 18-month Master of Science programmes, with a total of 17 specializations. Furthermore, we offer a fifth, 12-month Master of Science programme, which focuses on non-sewered sanitation.
- Water Management and Governance
- Urban Water and Sanitation
- Environmental Science
- Water Science and Engineering
The 2021/23 Delft based MSc Programmes will start in October 2021. You may apply for admission to these programmes until 01 August 2021, application for admission is free of charge.
In 2021 IHE Delft is involved in three European Joint Master Degree programmes which are specializations of the MSc programmes listed above. These programmes will start in September. Check the individual website of the programme of your choice and learn more about the curricula, partner institutes and deadlines.
Meet our students
Academic admission to IHE Delft MSc Programmes may be granted to applicants who provide evidence of having:
- A Bachelor degree at level B/B+ (US system) or 2nd upper (British system) in an appropriate field which has been awarded by a university of recognised standing, comparable in level with a Bachelor degree from a research university in the Netherlands. Exceptions can be made if a candidate is below this level, but has a substantial experience in the field of the programme and/or has a strong motivation to join the programme.
- A good command of the English language, if this is not the first language. All non-native English-speaking applicants must satisfy the English language requirements for IHE Delft's educational programmes.
- A strong motivation to successfully complete the programme.
Several years of professional experience in an area of work related to the specialisation is an asset.
Fees and Scholarships
Participants are expected to cover their own living expenses, which is about €1000 per month. This amount includes the costs of accommodation and other personal expenses. The costs of the Joint Programmes differ from the costs of the Delft-based MSc Programme. More information about our fees can be found here.
You can check potential fellowships here.
Schematic overview Delft-based MSc programmes 2021
A Guide to our Delft-based MSc Programmes starting in 2021
Other educational offerings
Choose open courseware, an online course or the Graduate Professional Diploma Programme to upgrade your skills from the comfort of your home or office. A short course is for you if you have a specific area of interest and a limited amount of time. There are different application deadlines for short and online courses, they depend on the start date of the course and are mentioned on specific webpage of each course.
How to apply
Go to the specific webpage of the online course, short course or MSc specialization you would like to apply for, and click the apply button. After logging on, you will be able to submit all documents necessary for application.