Students from Latin American countries, academic and research staff in higher education institutions and professionals from businesses/industry, managers and policy makers dealing with or interested in the field of water and aquatic environment.
The Hydroinformatics programme is jointly offered by CINARA, Universidad del Valle (Univalle) and UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education (UNESCO-IHE) in Delft, The Netherlands Students who successfully complete this programme will be awarded a Master degree in Water Science and Engineering.
Start: 01 October 2016
Application deadline: 01 July 2016
After completing this specialization, you will:
- Have a good understanding of hydraulic, hydrological and environmental processes related to urban, inland and coastal waters, advanced modelling techniques, software engineering, system integration, and information and communication technology for water management;
- Be able to select and use simulation models to solve problems related to river basin and flood risk management, droughts, urban water, water resources and environment;
- Be able to use the current software tools, and know their advantages and limitations;
- Know how to design, develop and integrate decision-support systems and tools;
- Be able to provide advice to managers and users of advanced tools;
- Understand and practice collaborative work, making use of Internet-based platforms in social contexts.
Tuition & fellowships
Information about tuition fees can be found here.
The following fellowships are recommended for prospective students who wish to study Hydroinformatics - Modelling and Information Systems for Water Management
Joint Japan Worldbank Graduate Scholarship Programme (JJ/WBGSP)
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
The window for 2022 JJ/WBGSP scholarship applications for developing country nationals will open again in 2022. Application is expected to open from late March to late May 2022. The outcome of the selection is then expected to be announced mid-June. The exact dates will be indicated on the website, when this information has come available.
more info: www.worldbank.org
Orange Knowledge Programme
The Orange Knowledge Programme individual scholarships are open to mid-career professionals, who are nationals of - and living and working in - the following countries: Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen and Zambia.
More information about OKP in 2022 will be made available on this page in December 2021.
more info: www.studyinholland.nl
Application & Admission
Academic admission to the Master programmes may be granted to applicants who provide evidence of having:
- a university level Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field for the specialization, which has been awarded by a university of recognised standing, comparable in level with a Bachelor degree from a research university in the Netherlands.
- a good command of the English language, if this is not the first language. All non-native English-speaking applicants must satisfy the English language requirements for all UNESCO-IHE's educational programmes.
Working experience in an environment related to the specialization is an asset. At least three years experience is in general preferred.
Interested persons apply for admission with UNESCO-IHE. UNESCO-IHE will coordinate with Univalle on admissions, and selected participants will receive an admission letter from UNESCO-IHE.
UNESCO-IHE will check the application first, and inform Univalle if the applicant can be accepted. Univalle will then consider the application for admission, and if both institutions agree on admittance, UNESCO-IHE's provisional admission letter will be sent to the applicant. If applicants do not yet possess the language requirements, they can apply for admission anyway. If they meet the other admission requirements, they will be sent a conditional admission letter, and an unconditional admission letter will be sent after receiving the required language test scores.
For admission to the programme please complete the online application form. The link is available at the top of this page. Collect the required documents and attach them to the online application form:
- Certified copies of degrees/diplomas.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts. Authenticated or certified copies are copies with an official stamp to verify that the copies are true copies of original documents. This official stamp may be from one of the following: a solicitor/notary, the educational institution from where the student gained the diplomas or the local council/local authority/local government office.
- Two reference letters, preferably one from a person that can judge students' professional abilities and one from a person that can judge his/her academic abilities. One recommendation letter has to come from the current employer (if available) and another one from the university the student graduated from. Letters have to be printed on company (logo) paper and signed.
- Motivation letter (maximum 500 words explanation why he/she applies for admission to the choosen programme).
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of results of English language test score (if required, see English language requirements).
Please note all documents are required to be in English, or officially translated into English.
Once academically accepted this admission remains valid for three consecutive years. In principle one can not apply for more than one programme per academic year. However, if a student applies for an Erasmus Mundus programme, he/she can also apply for another programme as long as it is not also an Erasmus Mundus programme. Academic admission to the programmes will be granted on the basis of a decision taken to that effect by the Academic Registrar, upon advice of the programme coordinator.
Further questions about the application procedure can be addressed to:
Ms. Ineke Melis
Admission and Fellowship Officer