This programme is designed for hydraulic, environmental and water resources engineers from universities, consulting firms, research institutes, water boards and other government agencies, especially from Colombia and other Latin American countries. The typical participant uses or advises others in the use of mathematical models and hydroinformatics systems for planning, designing or managing the aquatic environment.
Students who successfully complete this programme will be awarded with a double degree. One MSc degree in Water Science and Engineering by IHE Delft and one in Civil engineering with specialization in Hydraulic resources and environment (Recursos Hidráulicos y Medio Ambiente).
Start: 16 August 2022
Application deadline: 01 August 2022
After completing this specialization, you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of a range of physical processes, advanced modelling techniques and information technology for water management;
- Be able to select and use simulation models applied to water-based systems in a wide variety of hydraulic, hydrologic and environmental engineering situations;
- Be able to use current software tools, and know their advantages and limitations;
- Know how to design, develop and integrate decision-support systems and tools;
- Be able to provide advice to managers and users of advanced tools;
- Understand and practice collaborative work, making use of Internet-based platforms.
Tuition & fellowships
For more information about the costs of the programme, visit the website of ECIJG.
Scholarship opportunities for Colombian students include: Colciencias, Colfuturo, ICETEX and others. For students from other Latin American countries, there might be scholarship opportunities in the list below.
Application & Admission
For more information on how to apply, visit the website of ECIJG.