Seleshi Yalew is a PhD candidate in the department of Water Science & Engineering at IHE Delft Institute of Water Education, Delft, The Netherlands. His research focuses on examining the dynamic interactions of land use and water resources management in the Blue Nile and developing models and decision support system tools for the same.
His area of research interest includes:
- Water resources management
- Agent based modeling
- Decision support systems
- Model integration
- Spatial analysis and spatial modeling, and
- Environmental Informatics
Selesi Yalew graduated on 19 March 2018. Read more here.
TopicIntegrated Assessment of Land Use and Water Resources Management in the Upper Blue Nile River Basin
- Yalew, S., Teferi, E., van Griensven, A., Uhlenbrook, S., Mul, M., van der Kwast, J., van der Zaag, P., 2012: Land use change and suitability assessment in the Upper Blue Nile basin under water resources and socio-economic constraints, IEMSs2012, Leipzig, Submitted.
- Yalew, S., van Griensven, A., Ray, N., Kokoszkiewicz, L., Betrie, G., 2012: Distributed computation of large scale SWAT models on the GRID, Environmental Modelling and Software, Submitted.
- van Griensven, A., Ndomba, P., Yalew, S., and Kilonzo, F., 2012: Critical review of the application of SWAT in the upper Nile Basin countries, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. Discuss., 9, 3761-3788, doi:10.5194/hessd-9-3761-2012.
- Yalew, S., van Griensven, A., Kokoszkiewicz, L.,2010: Parallel computing of a large scale spatially distributed model using the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT), IEMSs2010, Ottawa.
Funding Source: EU, FP7
Projects: AFROMAISON & AQUAREHAB