Components and results
Figure 1. Objective and results of the DUPC2 programme.
The activities contribute to one or more of the DUPC2 focus themes which are closely linked to the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Efficient water management, particularly in the agricultural sector (Water and food),
- Improved catchment area management and safe deltas (Rivers and deltas),
- Access to clean drinking water and basic sanitation (Water and sanitation), and
- Water diplomacy.
The programme pays specific attention to activities addressing water scarcity and water problems related to the refugee crisis in the Middle East, and cross-cutting agenda items are water governance, gender and inclusiveness, and climate change.
Regions and countries
DUPC2 activities all contribute to water and development challenges in countries in the global South. The activities are mainly concentrated around:
- The Middle East (Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine, and Westbank Aquifer and Jordan River Basin), and wider North-African region,
- The Nile river basin, including the Eastern Nile,
- Mozambique, and the Zambezi River Basin,
- The Asian deltas, including the Mekong delta, Ganges-Bramaputra delta, Irawaddy delta and Ciliwung delta and
- Colombia, and the Magdelena River Basin.
Documents for project leaders
Additional financial templates and guidelines for non IHE Delft project leaders:
DUPC Committee members
- Wim Douven, overall coordinator of the programme, IHE Delft
- Carlos M. Madera, Associate Professor Sanitary Engineering, Universidad del Valle, Colombia
- Chris Zevenbergen, Professor of Flood Resilience of Urban Systems, IHE Delft
- Jean-Marie Kileshye Onema, WaterNet manager, Southern Africa
- Jeltsje Kemerink-Seyoum, Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Water Governance, IHE Delft
- Naser Almanaseer, Department of Civil Engineering - Water Resources, Al-Balqa' Applied University, Jordan
- Nirajan Dhakal, Lecturer in Water Supply Engineering, IHE Delft
- Pham Hong Nga, Head of International Cooperation Office/Lecturer, Thuyloi University (former HWRU), Vietnam
DUPC2 Programme staff
- Nadine Sander, programme support
- Kimberly Wakkary, programme support
- Carolien Jaspers, Liaison Officer EU Relations, IHE Delft